When you are living in a very old house maybe because of your ancestral blessings or want to buy a second-hand house, you have got to face a lot of foundation issues such as hairline cracks, leaking roofs, poor drainage, broken latches, infested corners, etc.
One very big problem that crops ups in old, tainted houses is the issue of remodeling. If you are thinking of getting a quick change to be done, usually it comes up the kitchen most of the times. The kitchen is such a part of our household which uses the maximum number of cabinets, windows, ventilation, etc. and is utilized in the highest quantity. Due to which we usually confront a lot of kitchen design problems in old homes such as sticky drawers or loosened door hinges, etc.
To solve these problems, whether it is how to fix cabinet door panel or how to fix a broken drawer slide, we give you some amazing tips that can help you repair your kitchen problems very easily.
In this particular article, we discuss how to fix your drawer slide if it’s broken by the following steps:
- Make sure you remove all items from the drawers or cabinets.
- Once it is emptied, lift the drawer and slide it out completely.
- Start by adjusting the side screws. Check whether they have been tightened or loosened by force or otherwise and try fixing them.
- Use any kind of lubricant to create less friction and more flexibility in opening and closing sliding drawers or broken doors.
- In case you find any broken parts near the screw holes, try fixing it by putting some matchsticks with glue.
- Make sure the heads of the matchsticks are broken and the glue should be preferably wood glue so that the hole is fully sealed and then try tightening the mounting screws.
- Clean the drawer with a household cleaner to remove any dust or dirt.
- Check if any corners or sides of the drawer are bent. If so, then use pliers to bend them back to its original shape.
- Now it is time to check the rollers to ensure smooth working of the sliding drawers.
- If you find any damage done to the rollers, then there is no other option but to replace the entire set.
- If the rollers seem to be fine, then make sure to wipe them off and spray them with some lubricant for the smooth functioning of the drawers.
- Once it is done, slide the drawer back slowly inside the cabinet.
- Check by pulling it in and out to see if it has been set properly and is working smoothly or not.
- If in case you are purchasing new glides for your drawers, then make sure what type of mount it is, the length and breadth of the drawer cabinet. Also, keep a tab of the correct sides and mark them if needed.
Sometimes due to a long period of time, drawers get stuck and only need some re-adjustment to be done for operating smoothly. But often people mistake it for being broken or rather put too much pressure in trying to fix it and break a completely working cabinet.
So, to avoid something like this make sure it is perfectly fit or else if you are a layman then call for a handyman (which might cost you some extra bucks!)
Why you choose Pramukh Modular Kitchens?
Pramukh modular kitchen is a leading brand in the manufacturing of custom built kitchens for new homes and renovations. We not only provide the elegant look but also bring out the well-organized kitchen room for effective cooking. Moreover, it comes with all the facilities and provides the easy functioning. Request a FREE Consultation.